Archive for September, 2011
I kept finding this black stuff, on my hands, on my keyboard, on my desk, even on my face (YUCK!).
After about a week I figured out it was this.
The foam earpiece covers on my headset disintegrating.
After about 15 minutes of searching online, I was coming to the conclusion it would be easier to replace the entire headset than to replace the foam covers.
Then I remembered,
I’m a knitter!
I can fix this!
Koigu (KPPPM) color P529
Edited to add:
Since I got asked, here is the pattern.
Using fingering weight yarn and size 2 needle, Cast on 5 sts.
Put the 5 sts on dpns and continue knitting in the round, be careful to keep the stitches straight.
Row 1: K1 M1, repeat all around.
Row 2: Knit.
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 two more times. 40 sts.
Knit 2 rows.
Check if this is big enough for your earpiece; the knitting should almost cover the front of the earpiece with 1/16 to 1/8 of the earpiece extending beyond the knitting. Repeat Rows 1 and 2 as needed.
Purl 3 rows.
The purl rows should extend over the edge of the earpiece and curl onto the back. Repeat purl rows as needed.
Knit one row.
Thread a piece of stretch bead cord or other elastic cord through the bind off sts to help keep the cozy in place. Thread the cord through twice if it feels like it needs it.
Oh my goodness, it’s been a year since I started these on our trip to Yakima for produce!
Blue Moon STR lightweight in Rook-y with Haida heels and toes.
One hank of STR lightweight is not quite enough for DH size 11 feet so I used extra from another hank for heels and toes.
These weigh in at 135g, they could be made a little shorter with one hank at 128g.
This year’s haul from Yakima (there’s another layer under there!):
winter onions, plums, watermelons, jalapenos, tomatoes, peaches, tomatillos, eggplants